Monday, August 13, 2012

Time Flies

I took my two youngest to their new school last week.  One will be in 2nd Grade, and the other in Kindergarten.  The first day is tomorrow.


Time flies.

It was just a few weeks ago that their older brother got on the bus in front of our house and went off to Kindergarten. (2001).  I was left by myself, having resigned from my job at Pier 1 imports to stay home with Nathan, and prepare for JD's arrival.

It was just a few days ago that I barked at poor Jodi A when she asked me "What's it like to only have one at home now?" when my JD started kindergarten.  I was standing there with Peter, a 2 month old red head in a baby carrier.  The previous year, JD had been in full-day preschool.   I told her that I was backsliding. (2005)  I was still sleep deprived at the time, so I was a little grumpy.  I think I went back home for a nap.

It was just 20 minutes ago when Peter climbed out of the van and walked up to the door of the school for his Kindergarten debut.  He looked so small next to JD.  It was a heartstopping moment, watching my little red head with his adorable glasses and his huge backpack walking away. (2010)

In less than 24 hours, my youngest child and only daughter Grace will wave goodbye to me.  Sporting her sparkly new, light up back-pack and Barbie lunch box, she will start a whole new life.  She will make new friends, she will sing new songs, she will read new stories.  She will walk into that school, leaving me to go back to an empty house.   

...sigh...

...

...




SCORE!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I hit post on my blog, went to FB to add it to my page, and saw your post. How funny we both posted on similar ideas today. With slightly different endings. :)

    I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought wow she is going to cry.....then I scrolled down LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. Please like me on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spinning-Elsewhere/136070706468814