Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Skinny Jeans

Skinny jeans.  An ethical dilemma in two parts...

This is going to be short and sweet.  You're welcome.

Background:

My daughter has a fear of public bathrooms.  This has created a problem in Kindergarten.  On occasion  she has an accident that requires a change of clothes.  These are usually kept in a ziploc bag in her backpack.  But I have 4 kids, I'm forgetful, and there have been times that ziploc bag remains empty on the floor of my laundry room, and the school has been kind enough to lend her clothes from their emergency stash.

Now...to my ethical dilemma...

PART 1:

She had changed immediately into pajamas when she got home from school on Monday, so I didn't realize that she had had an accident, and that the nurse had lent her jeans.  The next morning she put them back on.  They were skinny jeans.  They had sparkly buttons.  She was rocking them.

I muttered a bad word under my breath.  It rhymed with itch.

I seriously stared at my 5 year old in those skinny jeans and was jealous.  J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!  I don't think that I ever would have looked that good in a pair of jeans.  Even at the age of 5, years before my bottom half was distorted by pregnancies and a long term carb addiction.

Dilemma 1...is it wrong to be completely jealous of a 5 year old girl that can rock a pair of skinny jeans?

PART 2:

She looks so good in those jeans!  I'm talking "sisterhood of the travelling pants" good!  I want to keep them, and send a different pair back for the stash that the nurse keeps in her office.  I mean, to look that good in a pair of jeans is a very special thing, right?  I have every right to vicariously live through her, right???

Dilemma 2...is it wrong to send back a different pair of jeans (or 2) so that my daughter can look completely adorable?


Since my moral compass is apparently broken, I would appreciate any input.

As long as you say that I won't go to hell for being jealous of a 5 year old, and that I can send in a different pair of jeans.  (or 2)



1 comment:

Thanks for your comment. Please like me on facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Spinning-Elsewhere/136070706468814